Thursday, January 06, 2005

Onward to Call-Backs

Hours spent at school today: 13
Number of students who auditioned: 158
Number of students we called back for tomorrow: 46 (24 females, 22 males)
Height of two of the loudest female singers: 4'9"
Number of male students who acturately performed the entire dance: 1

So after 8 hours (spread over 2 days), we're now done with phase one of auditions! There were a lot of pleasant surprises. Some of my students have really grown between their auditions last year and what we saw this week. It's really interesting to see both talent and confidence increase over time. I also loved seeing the few students who have done the previous two after-school shows I directed at KJHS ("A Midsummer Night's Dream" and "Guys and Dolls"). Not many 7th graders were in "Midsummer", and I find I have a soft spot in my heart for my "veterans". This show marks the first one with students who have been in shows all three years of their being at school here - an accomplishment for both them and me, I think!

Tomorrow we cast!

No comments:

Post a Comment