Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Trip #2 - China

I'm taking off to Seattle tonight, then Jason and I are heading to China tomorrow morning.

We have booked two food tours, two overnight train rides, one cooking class, one day with a driver to see the Great Wall, one private tour to see the Terracotta Warriors, and tickets to one French ballet/comedic play.

What we won't have is access to anything Google.

Turns out the Great Firewall of China blocks pretty much every means of communication I use except my Yahoo email account.  No blogging, no Twitter, no Facebook, no Instagram, no Gmail.

The Michelin restaurant guide, however, is fully accessible; so we'll be just fine.

I've sworn on my iPhone that I will text my parents regularly to prove that I am still alive and that we have not decided at the last minute to swing by North Korea.  I may even give them access to this blog so you, Dear Reader, can see snippets of news.  In the meanwhile, I'll take lots of photos and will do my best to tell you all about it when we return to the States.

Zaijian!*


*(Chinese phrase #3 that I've learned!  See?  We'll be fine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment