Monday, November 07, 2005

It's Only a Play

Dearest readers,

Well, it's hell week - hence my infrequent posting. The Advanced Drama play opens in two days. On Thursday, we perform first for the elementary schools, then in the evening for families, etc. And again in the evening on Friday.
Last Friday, my wonderful students came in on a day off to rehearse. It was rather fun, actually. The costumes are from various time periods and countries of origin, but colorful, characteristic, and fun. The shows are funny, and all of us now know the hustle. A-wa-hoo.
Mmm... Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire commercial on tv....

Anyway, I am in post-painting, pre-show tiredness. I have been reading the twelfth book of "A Series of Unfortunate Events", but I keep dozing off.

Here's two odd things about the play: 1) My actors are indeed better this year than before. They seem more focused and dedicated. This I love.
2) Producing plays seems to be getting easier. Time and energy-consuming, yes, but somehow less taxing overall. Things are just running... smoother.

Okay, bed soon. After "Arrested Development".

Fingers crossed for the play this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment