Saturday, July 15, 2006

Carrying the Banner

The front page of today's New York Times Theatre section features the production of Hamlet we went to on Wednesday. I pretty much agree with the reviewer, except I liked their solution for the play-within-the-play, and I did not like Jason Asprey's Hamlet very much at all. Give it a read, if you like.

I stayed in last night and wound up having some interesting conversations with others in my dorm. It was nice and relaxing. Today, we had a half day of classes in the morning, mostly focused on how to adapt these "games" from the past week for the realities of our classrooms. After that, I joined a group for lunch at a Mexican place in town (we've dubbed that sort of food here "MassMex", since those of us from the West agree that Massachusetts Mexican food just can't be as good), and a bit of shopping/walking around town. We found a very cool store called "Essentials" - lots of fun, artsy/cool-type stuff. In a few minutes, I'm joining others to see Al Gore's movie and then to go out for Indian food. Mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment