Saturday, December 01, 2007

Christmas Bells Are Ringing


Snow!
All night, all morning, and part of the afternoon, too. It's finally become pretty outside.

So, inspired by that and my newly rekindled health, I pulled out my Christmas decorations today.

Since I rarely have guests, and since I spend the actual holiday elsewhere, I don't do too much decorating for the holidays. Last year, in fact, I did absolutely nothing. This year, I decided to pull out only some of my favorites and set them up for the next month.

I've been collecting creches for a few years now. Nothing too extensive, I just look out for them when I'm traveling. I've got seven at the moment, as you can see here:


My newest creche (from St. Petersburg):


My littlest creche (from the Vatican) (the wood to the right is the edge of another creche, to give you a sense of the scale):


My favorite creche (from Peru, bought at Ten Thousand Villages)



Rather than setting up the little fake tree stored in my closet, I got this cute little plant at IKEA last weekend, and set it up on my piano:



While I'm posting photos, here's a few others that were on my camera:

Our carriage-ride tour guide in New Orleans:


The ladies out and about town
(The fellow in the photo above took this picture, after peering into my camera and saying "Smile, damn it!")


Daddy-o hanging out at Preservation Hall (and browsing on his Blackberry):



When Janelle and I went to her classroom after auditions on Friday, we discovered this:

It seems the auditioners made us a mural out of their numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment