Well, maybe not. Rachel talked me out of it (which wasn't very hard to do) while I combed the aisles of JoAnn's for battery-operated lights. No luck there, although I did get some rhinestones, glitter glue, and metallic-looking paper. Happily, I did find a light-up necklace at a costume supply store. I combined all of those elements with a dollar-store hand mirror this afternoon using three different kinds of glue and a bit of electrical re-wiring to make it more easier for Belle and company to trigger it on cue. Now I'm waiting for the glue to dry as I nurse my burns (hot glue guns always get me!) and am keeping my fingers crossed that it looks good enough and holds together well enough to make it through the show.
Although I've been working all weekend, I do enjoy this kind of work. I like the creativity, the puzzle of figuring out how to make a light-up mirror. Now all I have to do tomorrow is teach myself how to make flats from scratch. Somehow my tech training never covered that. Thank goodness for the internet!
|Almost done... just need that glue to dry|