Thanks to their helpful staff, I came home with the following supplies:
And this project in mind:
I was using the book for the instructions on how to make it, but I decided to branch out on my own for the pattern since I wanted to create it with only two kinds of yarn instead of three. I played around on Excel for about half an hour before landing on this:
And here's an in-progress shot:
Sunday I woke up late for church with a splitting headache. With a couple of aspirin I made it to Sunday School and Relief Society, made lunch, and did some household chores before I fell sound asleep on the couch until I awoke to the sound of my home teachers knocking on my door. The saving grace of the whole weekend was having today off for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. I slept in, finally ridding myself of that headache, watched a movie, read a book, did some baking, and wove.
This week will be more crazy - the State speech meet is Friday and Saturday, so we'll be cramming in extra practices for that in whatever free minutes I can scrounge up between classes and musical rehearsals. I'm really looking forward to only having the one after-school part-time job again.