Thursday, June 04, 2015

Beijing

Amanda and Jason made it safely to Beijing in the wee hours of our morning, early afternoon for them. Since they are behind the Great firewall of China, Amanda gave me permission to blog texts and photos she sent to me here. Since I'm not as witty as she is, she will have to fill you in with details in her own way. 

Amanda texted:
"Alive and well in Beijing. Smooth flight, long wait in line for immigration,easy meeting up with QN, Peking duck for dinner."

She sent the following pictures of their dinner:




I'm thinking it looks pretty good until we get to this next picture. Does that not look like a frothy drink of doom?  Did she not learn her lesson about pink drinks in Peru?  She assures me that this just watermelon juice. I hope so. Otherwise, this is not a fun way to start a vacation. 




This is where they are staying. 

Looks like, they're off to a great start. I can't wait to hear more about their adventures. 

-Susan (Amanda's mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment