Sunday, January 10, 2016

Saturday - Michelin and the Met

For our last day in New York (this time), we checked off another item on our to-do list: a 3-star Michelin restaurant!  After meeting some friends of Jason for coffee/hot chocolate at the atrium near Lincoln Center (who were awesome, as expected.  Nicole is a fundraiser for The Amory and Bruce works in trading with the UN.)


I definitely want to hang out with them more.

Anyway, after that, we headed to our lunch reservation:
I know it's clearly labeled outside, but trust me, it was indeed a Michelin restaurant.
Jean-Georges is on the first floor of the Trump building at Columbus Circle, which means we could glimpse the park through the windows.
Photo from their website.  It definitely was not empty when we were there, but it was gorgeous.
We each selected two starters, an entree, and a dessert.  The service and ambiance was on par with most of the other Michelin places we've been, but the food really was outstanding.

The amuse-bouches were delicious, but are not pictured.  I know you're disappointed.  The ceviche, though, in addition to be apropos after our trip to PR, was the best thing I ate on this trip.


Foie Gras Brulee: Dried Sour Cherries, Candied Pistachios and White Port Gelée



This restaurant offers "dessert tasting menus." You pick the theme, and you get small portions of several desserts.  I chose the "Pomegranate" menu:


And, of course, some parting treats:




We had a little more time before we needed to get to the airport, so we dashed back up to the Met to cram in as much art as we could in under an hour.  In this case, it meant the modern wing and the Costume Institute.  They had an exhibit there on Jacqueline de Ribes.  The more I learned about her, the more convinced I was that Jason would totally hang out with her.

Evening Wear
Source

We dashed back to the hotel, grabbed our bags, and took the metro back to JFK.  Our fights were at the same time, but from different terminals, so I bade the boys farewell on the airtrain and headed back to Denver.

Because I have my priorities straight, when I got home around midnight I did not unpack, but I did hang up my new art:



Thus ends another fabulous trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment