Monday, May 23, 2016

Milestones

Whoo!  I'm officially on summer break!

After finals and graduation last week, I wrapped up the school year today with a couple of easy meetings and some thorough classroom-cleaning.  I was one of the last to leave the building (although many of the others are coming back later this week.  Not me, suckers!), but I still had time to clean my apartment, work out, have a visit from my home teachers, and cook dinner, all before my normal bedtime.

But!  Now that I don't have to get up at 0-dark-hundred anymore, I can stay up past 9:30 like a grownup!

I realized recently that I've crossed a few major milestones recently.  Namely:

1. I have officially been teaching at MTHS longer than any of my previous teaching jobs (7 school years as of today!).

2. I have lived in my current apartment for just under 8 years, surpassing my previous record of time-spent-in-one-house (6 years in Aurora) even if you deduct a year or so for all the nights I spend at speech meets/the mountain condo/Jason's/the far reaches of the earth.

3. Sometime in India, I posted my 2000th blog entry.

I feel like I should say something to show off all of the wisdom I've gained from such vocational, career, and blogging permanency; but I've got nothing.  Just, that's kinda cool, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment