I finally didn't spend a Saturday at school working!
Granted, I had to run away to San Diego in order to do that, but still!
Here are some photos (courtesy mon pere et moi) from the trip:
The family at Sylvie & Larry's house (foreground: George chatting with Sadie on the "phone", on the couch: Grandpere, holding Lexie, Sadie, Sylvie, and me)
Me, Mom, and the Incredibly Cute Baby:
Plum Tart, Grandmere making one of her amazing salads:
Dad holding Sadie in front of the shrine to the grandchildren,
me and Lexie:
A picture of my dad from 1960:
We also got to see Grandpere's airplane
Can you pick out his?
How he films while flying:
Grandpere pointing out the stickers that show the states in which he's flown that particular plane. Note also the windshield cover he made himself with fabric from Wal-Mart. The craftiness runs in both sides of my family!
* Fabulous Sunday spent at the beach. Lots of swimming, minor sunburn (Note: Spray-on sunscreen doesn't work out so well when it's windy)
* All-you-can-eat Sushi!
* Yummy BBQ at Sylvie and Larry's
* Sylvie and Larry's nifty living room rug, rest of house
* Sadie's Curious George-themed bedroom
* Tower of chocolates bought at Trader Joe's
* Mom, Dad, and I all grading vocab tests while waiting at the airport Monday
* Lots more baby-cooing
And, since I haven't told you before, my Aunt Nathalie has the Most Awesome Title Ever. Sadie dubbed her "Wowee" at least a year ago, and Nathalie's determined to keep it. And who'd blame her? We all look forward to seeing "Wowee George!" come over.