Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Turn

Given the number of students and family members who have been sick lately, it was only a matter of time. I started coughing on the way to a show last night, and am now wrapped up in several layers of clothes and blankets trying desperately to get warm. I keep having Peru flashbacks, except this time I'm freezing under the influence of a gas fireplace and an electric blanket.

After a long work week (two nights of conferences and an after-hours field trip to see The Importance of Being Earnest at the Arvada Center), I met Paula for breakfast at the truck stop cafe in Mountain Town to take care of a few business items and to catch up, then drove down the mountain leaving the cat behind in the condo.  I'm planning on heading back up the mountain tomorrow afternoon, but I needed to come down to get groceries, do laundry, and run errands.

As the day wore on and I grew sicker and sicker (and, in the process, walked slower and slower and became more and more worried about driving anywhere), I eliminated errands from my To-Do list one by one. Once again I noted what a strange job I have when the highest priority thing for me to accomplish today is to buy a large plastic fish. I was not successful.

I came home from Wal-Mart (which my students had claimed had said large plastic fish. They did not), pulled on more clothes, and crawled into bed. I'm annoyed that I'm not getting anything done today, but even just sitting up to type this blog entry is making me dizzy, making me cough, and making my fingers turn numb.

I'm going back to bed. If any of you know how I can get a large plastic fish by Wednesday without having to drive too far, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment