Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Fuseli's Nightmare

The tickle in my throat Saturday morning turned into a full-blown, kick you in the back and sit on your chest kind of cold.  A cold that leaves me no doubt that I should be staying home, resting my contagious self; but alas, a cold that comes at the start of a week that I cannot miss.  I have a field trip and a play this week, and a sick me is infinitely better for my wee actors than a healthy not-me.  That, and I'm annoyed by the flakiness of so many of my students.  You know what you do when you've got something important to do?  You show up, damn it.  And so I pack my three kinds of medication, my two bottles of orange juice, and my travel mug of mint tea and I go to school.  Here am I, showing up.

I'll write about Chicago on the other side of this play/field trip/illness.  In the meantime, I'm going to make a soundtrack and then go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment