Friday, March 11, 2005

At the End of the Day

Look at me! I'm out of my school before dark. I will tell you this - it's weird. After working 14 hour days all week, it's odd to see sunlight.
I'm out early today because it was not a student non-attendance day. We actually scheduled two of our dress rehearsals for today so we could have some non-interrupted time to work with the casts. We ran the show twice, once with each cast. It's looking pretty good. The kids have found awesome costumes. Some of the leads have been dropping lines lately, which baffles me since they are lines I know they know. But it's coming together and I am optomistic.
The fish and hunch puppets are working well, thanks to the ingenuity of some of my Advanced Drama class. The shadow puppeteers need more time to practice with them. I hope that part comes together, since it could be nifty if it does.

We have gotten amazing support from some families this week. A couple of families have come in after practice and because of their help, we're actually almost done with the entire set! I haven't had to cut back any of the design. It's all cut and painted, so all we have to do is brace Whoville and mount the backdrop. The lights we're renting should arrive on Monday. Here's hoping they work.
Our lightboard went out earlier this week. No one knows why, although it did the exact same thing last year. Unfortunately, all of the programs were whiped out from the computer up there, too. Oh, and our sound system isn't working, either. So aside from not being able to see or hear the actors, everything's great!
I'm kidding. A little. Worse comes to worse, we can still do basic stage lights, we just can't do the effects we'd like to.
Apparently, I've taken to referring to myself in second person. Hmm.

So as we come down to the wire, my to do this for this weekend is:
-Make 3 Bird tails
- Sew some body mic belt packs
- Sew a field for the clovers
- Make the program
- Write Thank You notes
- Find some Thank You gifts

I was going to start on these projects now, but suddenly this week is catching up with me. I think I'll take the advice that a chorus of my kids shouted at me as I drove past them on the way home today: "Get some sleep!":)

Maybe tomorrow I'll write about some of the show dreams I've been having. ...

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment