Sunday, March 06, 2011

Steppin' Out With My Baby

Rachel and Ben cashed in on their Christmas present this weekend, which meant I got to spend yesterday hanging out with my beamish boy, Jack:

Babysitting Jack

They went to a matinee of Colorado Ballet's Romeo and Juliet, so I headed over just before his early afternoon nap. Once he woke up from that and had some pureed pasta for lunch, we went to Wal-Mart to get supplies for the musical.

Only five gallons of paint this time, but naturally that was in five different colors so it took a while to get. The paint-mixing man was nice, though, and gave Jack a blank paint sticker tag of his own.

Babysitting Jack

The paint mixing machine was the source of much fascination, too.

Babysitting Jack

We picked out some other odds and ends, then headed home for a bottle and another nap. I ignored the pile of papers I had brought with me to grade in favor of browsing hostels in New Orleans and other southern cities. When the boy woke up again, we watched some videos online and had some Facetime with the grands. Rachel and Ben got home just in time to put a tired boy to bed.

All in all, a fun way to spend my Saturday.

Babysitting Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment