Friday, November 18, 2011

Be Strong!

Am viciously fighting the urges to:

1. Redo my music playlists and sync my iPhone which will of course take hours and thereby be up until way past midnight.

2. Sew a new skirt and/or tank top because I am not happy with the ones in my closet and thereby be up until way past midnight.

3. Clean out my refrigerator and thereby be up until way past midnight.

4. Comply with MTHS's local newspaper's request that came at 6:00 tonight and comb through my records to see which students didn't show up for the team photo yesterday so they can print their names too even though the newspaper was the one who scheduled the shoot at the last minute TWICE because they "got busy and forgot" the first time and I really don't care at all whether or not the missing students are identified and thereby be up until way past midnight.

5. Go hunting for new reading materials in addition to the four books I downloaded earlier this week and thereby be up until way past midnight.

6. Write ranty blog posts instead of making a dang decision already about whether or not to bring the brown skirt and boots so I can finish packing already and thereby be up until way past midnight.

But have no fear!  I am ripping open my blouse and leading the rebellion against such ideas.  I will go to sleep before midnight tonight!  Do you hear the people sing?  Singing the songs of tired men?  It is the music of a people who will someday sleep again!

Excuse me.  I'm need to go check to make sure Les Mis is on my iPhone.  Bonne nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment