Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Farewell Whanwhario (and Good Riddance)

Burn out + crazy parents who yell insults at me by email and by phone + working through breakfast + working through lunch + students making hurtful choices that make a lot more work for me + ... well, you get the point.

It was a hard day at the end of a hard month.  I'm starting to feel a bit better now, thanks to this self-medicating:

1) A long phone call to Mom.  She let me vent, she agreed with me, and she offered interesting other subjects to focus on.  She's the best remedy I know.

2) Drank water.  I keep not doing that.

3) Ate first meal of the day.  Mmm... comfort food.  Tonight that's eggs-in-purgatory and salad with an avocado that I bought as a special treat to myself.

4) Found happy things to watch while eating.  Kottke.org posted something spectacular that did wonders to improve my mood.  Are you aware of the Pronunciation Manual Channel on youtube?  Because oh, my, goodness:










After prying myself away from that channel, I watched an (old) episode of Community. Now my blood sugar's back up, I'm hydrated, my neck pain is decreasing, I'm starting to feel better about the world again, and I'm ready to tackle all the stuff I need to... oh hey look it's bedtime.  Well, there went that day.

But before I go, here's one more video. This one is for all teachers out there. The whole video is awesome, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series (yay, Humanities!). I am posting it here, though, for his answer at the beginning to the oh-so-familiar question, "Is this going to be on the test?" At least watch that much, even if you don't stick around for his open letter to elephants.



I need to memorize that speech, right?


P.S.  That's John Green, by the way.  You have probably heard me talk about him.  You should all know and love him and his brother Hank.  They are doing great and wonderful things for teenagers, especially those of the smart, nerdy variety.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:56 AM

    I must admit, I love John Green in an oh so very nerdy way...

    -Chelcey

    ReplyDelete