Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Airport Hotel

I got to the hotel an hour early with the hopes that I'd be able to settle into my room and eat dinner (take-out sushi from Kokoro). To my surprise, there was a student and her father waiting in the lobby when I arrived. So I checked us all inn and set up camp in the lobby instead to wait for the rest of the troops, most of whom had been texting me with various questions and concerns all afternoon. They all made it here, though (well, almost all. Two more are meeting us at the airport in the morning), and are now all tucked into their rooms if not into their beds. The boys are directly across the hall from me, and I've only had to go shush them once so far. They explained that they were fighting each other ninja-style to figure out who gets the first slice of the pizza they had ordered. Don't worry, though, they reassured me. They documented it all on Twitter. I just finished my late sushi and I'm off to bed. I've got to be up, alert, and all responsible-adult-in-charge-like at 3:30 AM. Wish me luck. P.S. Just so you know, it seems you can't access the mobile version of the group's Twitter site without logging into Twitter first. However, from a regular computer you should be able to see it fine. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment