Sunday, May 20, 2012

Farewell Weekend

It occurred to me Friday night that this is the last weekend I'll be home until school starts.  I'll be around the occasional weekday, but I may have gone a bit overboard in my attempts to compensate for the change in summer plans.

Despite the finality, this was an abbreviated weekend.  I worked late Friday night with Grad Night (an event celebrating the seniors, which always seems redundant to me given the actual graduation ceremony that follows) and went up the mountain today after church for graduation itself.  Saturday was spent primarily running errands, but I did get to relax a little Saturday night and watch the 1996 version of Jane Eyre, the preferred version for one of my new friends.  I didn't love it, but then no version I've seen has lived up to this, one of my most favorite books.

This evening Jason and I wrestled with our now-annual problem of How We See Everything We Want to See in the Time We Have.  We came to few conclusions, but gave each other specific assignments.  I have a lot of train and plane schedules to search in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment