Monday, September 03, 2012

A Fiscal Diet

I am always much more inclined to set new goals in September than I am in January.  The resetting of a school year is just more befitting a time for experimenting and improvement than the beginning of a calendar year.

Often the goals center around finding a healthier balance, but they are not always school or work related.  For example, I went vegetarian for the month of September while I was in college, mostly because I wanted to see if I could do it.

As I write out checks for what I sincerely hope are the last payments for this whole flood fiasco and, consequently, see my bank accounts drained to nothing; I decided to give myself a new challenge for this September.  Could I go the entire month without spending money on anything other than food, household bills, and gas for my car?

Naturally, this is immediately put to the test when the soap dispenser in my bathroom broke upon my arrival home today.  Rather than running to Target for a replacement or to a hardware store to try to fix the broken spring I told myself sternly "Make do or do without!"

And so I shall.

1 comment:

  1. Cyano-acrylate (super glue). If that doesn't work, duct tape. It's a good goal!

    ReplyDelete