Monday, September 17, 2012

It's That Time of Year Again!

Illness has been creeping around behind the wallpaper lately.  Between the sniffly students and my contagious/drooling nephew and sister (only the former applies to the latter there), my two cold sores evoked little surprise on their arrival last week.  The cold proper hit me yesterday afternoon, but I was not sure whether the prolonged pre-sickness symptoms meant an easier illness or a brutal one.

Then during 2nd period I started running a fever, sniffling, sneezing, coughing... nope, not an easy cold this time.  I turned in the paperwork for a sub tomorrow, made plans, and hunkered down for the rest of the day with loads of hand sanitizer between the youth of America and myself.

Once released, I stocked up on juice, soup, and popsicles at the grocery store before heading home to change into my sick fleece ("sick" as in the giant shirt I save in my bottom drawer just for these illnesses, not "sick" as in awesome) (although it is, indeed, awesome).

I've got a little bit of work to do tomorrow, but mostly I plan on sleeping, paying attention to the cat, and prepping for three days of late nights at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment