Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Don't Know

The principal from MTHS (Mountain Town High School if you haven't been keeping up) left me a voice mail with all kinds of phone numbers to reach him. He wants me to call back as soon as I can.

I don't want to call him back because I don't know what to say. I can't accept that job yet. I should ask about the after-school expectations, especially on the weekends. I should drive up to the school again to get a feel for the drive when I'm not freaking out because the directions on my iPhone actually sent me to the elementary school, not the high school, which is ten miles further down the road. I should ask for time to think about it, and then really think about whether I want to turn down a job that's almost perfect except for a heinous drive that would require me buying a different car just to be able to get to work a little bit more safely, and turning down the job would mean being without any prospects again and it's only April, but still I don't want to be signing up to work as a sub in August and worrying about making my mortgage payemnts because I turned down the only job to be had back in April....

I'm kind of freaking out, and it's not my freak-out date yet. I just don't know what to tell him. Or, rather, I do and I'm afraid to.

Of course, he could be calling to say I don't get the job, which would solve all of that worrying for me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, difficult decisions. You can always ask for some time to think about it.

    Saw Wicked, thought of you. Not because I have any memories of Wicked with you, more remembering when we had season tickets, and seeing Aida with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family hasn't keep up with you much this year but we have thought about you and talked about how you were one of the best parts about our days at Kennedy. Sorry to hear about your difficult decisions. Just to let you know, many Kennedy kids are going to state this year with Drama. You really helped lots of kids. Hunter's drama teacher has been sad that you are not at Kennedy. Some of her best drama students came from your program. You are very missed. We went to Kennedy's spring musical the Wizard of Oz and wanted to cry. It just isn't the same without you. I hope you get a great job with a drama department because you really are great at it and more kids deserve to have you make such an impact in their lives. You will always have an important part in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete