Saturday, June 20, 2009

Right Now


Right Now
Originally uploaded by chitarita
This is where we are right now- sitting on a Sultan's couch on the
terrace of our hotel in Goreme, watching the sun set over the
Cappadocian rock formations and cave cities, with the cheerful
conversation of Australian travelers above, the occasional motorbike
whirring past, a black-and-white stray cat prowling near me, and a
free wifi connection.

Life can be fabulous.

If it makes you feel any better, last night we stayed in a scummy
hotel in Izmir; dealt with bank account hassels in an internet cafe,
sweating profoundly the entire time while a huge cockroach watched us
from three feet away; then woke up at 4 am to catch our first of two
flights today to get here. Oh, and I have a leg cramp and three
blisters.

See? I'm suffering, too!

Oh, who am I kidding? I have to mail this now because we need to
discuss booking a horseback ride/river-rafting, and because we have to
get to bed (seperate beds!) to wake up tomorrow at 4 am again.

Because we're going to watch the sun rise from a hot air balloon.

Woe is me!
;)

1 comment:

  1. Nazar Borek has great food and delicious desserts.

    ReplyDelete