Sunday, April 11, 2010

Paris Original

As promised, Emily, here's a picture:

Gray Skirt

See that skirt? I made it. It's actually #2 in a series, the first being the one I mentioned in my post about Rachel's baby shower. I created the pattern from scratch and found sewing skirts like these to be crazy addictive. Hence "in a series". So when Emily and I went to Ikea in Seattle and I found some gray fabric on sale (spending three days around Emily made me want to wear more gray. Not in a depressing way - she just wears it so well herself), I got some and made it the day after I got home.

It's a good thing the cute fabric at Fancy Tiger is so pricey. Otherwise, I'd spend all my time and fill all my hangers with skirts like this.

P.S. Yes, that is the bathroom at my church. I don't have a full-length mirror at home, so I snagged a moment in between meetings today. I know you're glad I shared.
P.P.S. My offer still stands, Emily! I have leftover fabric!

1 comment:

  1. I stand in awe at your skirt making and fabric selecting abilities! I may hold you to that offer...but out of the goodness of my heart and my respect for your overall well being I will wait until you have more than 3 minutes of time to outside of school! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete