Wednesday, June 23, 2010

In Which Nature and I Meet Again

I have just found out that our accommodations at the beach wat are tents.

Tents.

As in camping.

I know so many of you who would absolutely leap at the chance to sleep in a tent on a beach. And I'll give it a chance and I know that I'll talk about it in the future, playing up the idealism of the phrase "I camped for three nights on a private beach in Thailand."

But I also know it'll be like the phrase "I slept under the stars on the deck of a ferry boat across the Mediterranean Sea" - it sounds a heck of a lot better than the actual experience.

3 comments:

  1. What an adventure! As I am sleeping in my tent on the beach (which in all strangeness I will actually be doing tonight with the kids) I will think of you. On the bright side...a tent should allow for good ventilation and simultaneous bug protection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I'm concerned, most of life works this way: if you have a flare for language and a poet's heart, you can make anything sound enviable and romantic later on, when you're back to your own bed and surrounded by creature comforts. But now I'm off to perform Moliere on a replica of the Rose Theatre. (see what I did there?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure the sand on the beach will be softer than our bench on the ferry was...

    ReplyDelete