Sunday, October 16, 2011

Of COURSE It's a Competition!

While driving down the mountain late last night I did the math and figured that I had worked 76 hours this week.

I was disappointed.  I didn't win for working the most, nor did I win for being the most healthy.  Each of the good habits I'd built up over the past few months (cooking my own meals instead of getting take-out, actually eating breakfast and lunch during the work week, exercising every day) disappeared as the work demands rose.  On top of that, I have a cold that hit while at the hotel Friday night and a vicious double-cold-sore that erupted at the meet Saturday.  I am not healthy, nor do I win the dedication-to-the-job award.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:14 PM

    I thought FTL meant "faster than light" and was excited by the prospect of seeing a French llama jump through space chased by (or chasing?) Cylons. JJD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:16 PM

    Also, FWIW, 76 hours is significant by any standards. And if you factor in difference in salary, then you win for the short end of the stick. I hope you feel better. JJD

    ReplyDelete