Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Whedon Trivia

Apparently I have decided to accomplish a month's worth of socializing in one week. I have events every day, and few are work-related. The first event was Monday night trivia.

Although, as you know, I am a fan of this when I have Tuesdays off, I relaxed my rule when Ben invited me to join them for a Joss Whedon Trivia night. I had protested originally, since although I enjoy a lot of Whedon's work, I am by no means a knowledgeable expert. But my lack of knowledge really didn't matter. I paid my entrance fee and joined my team not to play trivia, but to watch Brian play trivia.

The event was popular - 35 teams in all, which meant things progressed slower than usual. I was overly tired to begin with, so when we barely wrapped up round six at 9:45, I made my good-byes and headed home leaving my team (i.e. Brian) to fight their way to 3rd place victory without me.

 I will say that I did contribute one answer that Brian did not know: What animal is on Anya's shirt when she sings "I've Got a Theory"?

I will also say, for the record, Brian and Shawn selected "The Team Name is my Penis" as our team name (a Doctor Horrible reference).  I still like my suggestion of "Naked and Articulate" (a Firefly reference) better.  Either way, Nathan Fillion fans and Joss Whedon fans come hand in hand.


Well done, team! And by team, I mean Brian.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:22 PM

    Is "come hand in hand" a ribald euphemism?

    -WillYum

    ReplyDelete