Thursday, January 21, 2010

Now There Is No Choice

I had about two free minutes today at school.

I chose to use that time for a bathroom run.

I ate my lunch today in about four minutes during the passing period between my last two classes, while collecting money for the speech meet hotel rooms tomorrow, reassuring three students who were worried about performing a scene while a fourth was absent, cautioning another student that sneaking up behind me and yelling my name doesn't trigger the safest of reactions, being reminded (simultaneously!) of and IEP meeting after school for one kid at the same time another wants some help with a project, and gathering the papers I needed to take to the stage for the period.

It's not the healthiest way to eat, but it's all the time I had.

I think my friend Jen put it best when she described it as the Sophie's Choice of teaching.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dear. Please make time for your bladder and your belly. Both are important. Keep one empty and one full and know which needs to be which.

    ReplyDelete