Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Decade Day

I don't understand why the other teachers at my school don't dress up for spirit week. I mean, who doesn't love an excuse to wear costumes?

Today was Decade Day. The most popular choices by far among the students were the 80s and the 60s. I considered both and went so far as to pull out a hippie outfit from my closet last night. Then I realized that I had worn the exact same outfit to work not too long ago (minus the wooden-beaded headband).  Back to the racks!

I combed through my clothes in search of another outfit, finally landing on my dress from Andy's wedding last summer. While also not a costume, the addition of my opera gloves and a beret were enough for me to declare my outfit dated.

The kids loved it. I got many compliments, including a student who declared "I just want to take a picture of you!"

So she did:

Decade Day

(I especially like my punk freshman in the background.)

"Are you going to wear that outfit to Paris?" they asked.

"No," I said. "People don't actually dress like this in Paris."

They were disappointed to learn that.  And, indeed, it is a dommage.

No comments:

Post a Comment