Sunday, July 12, 2015

Arrival at Oxford

I'm not sure how much blogging I'll be doing this week.  My transfer to Oxford went smoothly, and I had enough time to do some sink laundry (yay, Scruba!) before the seminar officially began.  We had tea, went over business, a walking tour of Oxford, then dinner, then my seminar director handed us our reading assignments - five articles before the first session tomorrow.

Then he announced he was going to a pub and all were welcome.

Huh.  Do I do my assigned reading?  Or do I go to the pub?

My rule is when I have the chance to be social, be social; so to the pub I went.  Now I'm back in my dorm room with a thick packet, a highlighter, a pen, and a notebook in front of me, and an early class tomorrow.

Whoo! The college life!

Point being, I'm not sure how much free time there will be this week.  I'll check in when I can, but rest assured that if you don't hear from me it's because I'm reading an essay about "Fantasy:The Literature of Subversion."

Or I'm at a pub.

One of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment