Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Again, and again, and again, and again

Remember how just a few weeks ago I was bemoaning the insanity of scheduling an overnight meet the same week as a play?

Apparently I didn't because right now I'm in the midst of planning for an all-day drama field trip the same week I'm hosting our home speech meet.

And, naturally, both sets of circumstances are followed by my teaching on Sunday.

I'm on the right path for both the field trip and the speech meet.  I just need to write sub plans, make arrangements for the kids who are ineligible for the field trip due to grades, and establish alternate drama kids to take the tickets of those that are failing.  None of this would be a big deal if I wasn't also making arrangements for an all-day speech meet for 10 schools, 100 kids, and 40-some-odd judges.

Thank goodness for Thanksgiving - I need to ramp up for the week after so I can run musical auditions and prep for the speech pentathalon at Chatfield.

P.S.  I had an email from the Fulbright people today verifying that my application was received and complete.  The next step is a phone interview sometime between late November and mid-December.  I am curious to see how that's going to fit into my schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment