Thursday, January 04, 2007

Snow

Whew. I figured I would blog again after I was rested, but it seems that's not to be. Following the play, I was swarmed with parties, assemblies, and grading flurries at school for the last week.

Once I returned home for Christmas, I was struck with a monster cold. It was nice to be home for that and "mothered" a bit, although it did mean I spent Christmas curled on a chair on the opposite side of the room from everyone else.

And so I returned to this state for a New Year's with one of my dear friends and his parents. We cooked, I made marvelous No-Knead Bread (if I say so myself), we played Apples to Apples, and we settled in to watch "Maltese Falcon". Alas, my NetFlix disk was scratched! So we settled for a few episodes of "Firefly" instead (his family had recently fallen for the series). Watched the ball drop, watched some fireworks, then talked for a bit longer. Oddly, I was less tired driving home from his place at 3:00am than I was driving to Colorado after teaching school the Friday before.

New Year's Day I had lunch with Janelle, then we shopped a bit as we talked. I've missed our daily lunches/therapy sessions during her maternity leave. She's been nervous about starting up teaching again, in large part because it means leaving Donovan at home in the mornings. She'll be bringing him to rehearsals, though, just like Kelley brings her daughter, Makell.

Speaking of rehearsals - IT'S BEGUN! We started the audition process on Tuesday with somewhere between 160-200 kids attending the workshops. Due to various meetings we're juggling, Janelle, Kelley, and I split the actual auditions over three days, so we're just over half-way through today. I'm excited about the show, and there's many kids I'm glad to see stepping out of their comfort zones to try drama.

I'll give you a few pictures to wrap up this catch-up. More on the auditions later!


The bread I made for New Year's. Trust me, I'll be making it again soon!


When I arrived at school this morning there was no snow on the ground. When I left tonight, this is how I found my car. 4-8 inches predicted, I think we're up to 5 already!

No comments:

Post a Comment