Monday, October 27, 2008

Just Go to the Movies

Last week was one of the hardest weeks yet at STMS. It took most of the weekend to talk myself into going back there again today. Fortunately, today went smoother.

Of course, since life is never, ever simple, I got to deal with
  • a 7:15 faculty meeting (1 of 2 this week)
  • being observed by 3 different people, none of whom I've met before
  • a mandatory 90 minute ESL training after school (which I've already been trained in - remember SIOP, DPJH folks?)
and this lovely gem
  • finding out that one of my kids is pregnant. 13 years old, people.

Happier things:
  • That last bit of news got the beginnings of another piece for "Making Waves". It's germinating now.
  • Janelle, Brent, and the kids stopped by for breakfast yesterday, as part of their road trip
  • Jason stayed over one night last Thursday on his way from Las Vegas to DC (which lead to an very tired Friday, since we stayed up rather late talking. YES, former students of mine, we just TALKED. Again, as always, I assure you he is only a very dear friend. Note the lack of bunny ears.)
  • I got to hang out with my sister Saturday afternoon, and we went to a yummy (although not at all calorie-friendly) Cooking Club session - Southern Comfort, this time.
  • I think I know what I'm going to be for Halloween, if I can find a good wig this week.
  • I am procrastinating writing lesson plans tonight by watching movie trailers.

The movie I really want to see a trailer for hasn't released one yet, and this one is even further behind, but here are some others I'm looking forward to seeing:

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button


Coraline


Sunshine Cleaning


Happy Go Lucky


Un Conte de Noel (I couldn't embed the English version of the trailer)

Rachel Getting Married


And, dang! is Pixar getting good!

And is it too early for me to be excited for the season to watch this again?

No comments:

Post a Comment