Tuesday, December 07, 2010

I Remember It Well

This week, this very week, I have absolutely no after-school activities.

For the first time since early September and until after the musical next spring, I don't have speech practice or play rehearsals or anything to keep me from going home after teaching.

I'm almost giddy with the joy of being able to do laundry and such.

Another perk is that I get to carpool again this week (although it's not so much a perk tomorrow when I have to leave at 5:30 AM because John has an early department chair meeting). Today on the way home, Tiffany told me that they were talking about Russia in her World History class today. Apparently, some students said, "Russia! Ms. Waterhouse lived there!"

Tiffany: "Oh, that's right, she did live there or go there or something. I went there, too. See, here are some pictures I took of Lenin's-"

Students: "Yeah, she, like, lived right next to an insane asylum, too!"

Tiffany: "No, I'm pretty sure it was an orphanage."

Students: "No, it was an insane asylum. She told us all about it."

Lesson learned: Students will recall things I tell them in class over a year later if it involves crazy naked Russian women.

Now I just need to figure out how to work that objective into all my lesson plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment