Wednesday, January 11, 2012

L'Elisir d'Amore

Because I can't stand not having a trip in the near future...

Because I didn't have plans yet for Spring Break...

Because Jason mentioned that he was going to see this the last weekend of my break...

Because it's starring Juan Diego Florez and Diana Damrau...

Because they had a few tickets left...

I'm going to see L'Elisir d'Amore at the Met in March!

(arms straight over head) WHOO!

Although I probably should celebrate that more like a grand dame and less like a sorority girl.

(claps like Dumbledore) Hurrah.

I don't have plane tickets yet or a place to stay (details, details), but by golly I've got opera tickets!

And in case you don't click through my links, let's look at why Juan and Diana are worth flying to New York:


(Skip to :57 to get right to the good stuff)


(Skip to 2:10 to get right to the good stuff)

I also pointed out to Jason that Newsies will be playing by then.

"True," said he.  I was confused by his lack of enthusiasm.

"Boys!  In suspenders!  Singing and dancing!"  I eloquently explained.

He did not understand.  This is why I need to see the show with Rachel.  She understands the appeal of boys in suspenders singing and dancing.  She will be a cougar with me.



See?  Hot.

(If they don't keep the one-fist-beating-while-shuffling-in-a-circle move, I will be severely disappointed.)

1 comment:

  1. I 100% agree w/ the fist pump dance move. I ♥ Newsies! :)

    ReplyDelete