Sunday, September 01, 2013

A Happy Saturday

The nice thing about being sick on a holiday weekend is that I don't have to wrestle with the "Should I call in sick tomorrow?" dilemma.  I have a whole 'nother day to curl up in a fetal position on my couch in my sick flannel and watch "Sherlock" before going back to educate the disease-ridden children.

Happily, the worst of the cold hit me after my plans finished yesterday, which meant I got to enjoy a pleasant (albeit stuffy-nosed) day.

It began when Rachel texted me saying she needed to get out of the house.  More specifically, Ben had ordered her to "go have fun."  Our solution:



Pedicures!

We met up with Ben and Jack for lunch at Qdoba, then I ran a few errands before driving out to the airport to rendezvous with Jason.


He had a 2 hour layover en route to visit his parents in Reno, so we got to catch up a bit in person.  It was an all-too-brief delight.

From DIA I headed back to Denver to meet Lisa for dinner here:


They've remodeled Parisi's since the last time I was there and it wasn't as good as I remembered.  Happily, though, Lisa's company continues to be as enjoyable as ever.

After dinner we drove to the Esquire to meet up with Rachel to see:



It was incredibly stupid, yet hilarious.  The stuffed fowl and carefully-placed gilded leaves were great touches, but seeing Gaius Baltar playing a fawning romantic lead to Jennifer Coolidge is what really makes it worth the watching.

Altogether, a lovely way to spend a Saturday.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have a box of tissues to clutch.

No comments:

Post a Comment