Friday, June 09, 2006

Painter's Song

As an end-of-the year project, my Advanced Drama students and I set goals under the heading "Things I've always wanted to do but haven't yet (that I can do in the next three weeks)". It turned out to be a terrific success. Many of my students took risks - from going paintballing for the first time, to entering a karate tournament, to compiling a book of poems, to going 2 days without speaking. True to my philosophy, I also set a goal. I decided to paint my bathroom. Here's the photographic results:

Before:




After:


"Green Palm" is so refreshing! I love the bright color.


I took another risk and painted a quote on the wall. Someday, I want to paint quotes all around my house.

"Sing hey! for the bath at close of day
That washes the weary mud away.
A loon is he that will not sing
O! Water Hot is a noble thing!"

Can you name the source?

No comments:

Post a Comment