Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Pajama Game


I'm sick.

The good news is, I took today off work. I should have taken yesterday off, but I couldn't miss two of my classes, and I had a meeting after school. The kids were nice to me, though. When I couldn't talk loudly for the coughing during 3rd period, I appointed a student to be my voice. Adam took to the job quickly - when I (he) asked a question and no one volunteered, he ad-libbed "I'm going to start calling on people!" And he did just that - "Okay, you. Blond girl. What's the answer?" It was entertaining, for me at least.

I survived yesterday, though, and fell asleep on my couch at about 6:30. I woke up to a phone call at 9-ish, and then crawled into bed. I slept until 10:30 this morning, got up, made some lunch, and then fell asleep on the couch again until 3:30. Since then, I've showered, did some laundry, cleaned up a little, and now I'm putting grades in the computer. I'm feeling a bit better (nothing like 18 hours of sleep, right?), so I guess it's back to school again tomorrow. I don't like to miss more than one day, anyway. We have mid-terms this Friday, a little early because of Parent-Teacher conferences next week. Whoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment