Friday, January 09, 2009

The Day Off

Andy came home for Christmas with a cold. Then Dad caught it, then Mom. Rachel came down with it last weekend, so I knew it was only a matter of time.

I'm home today with a cold that made sure I knew who was in charge by waking me up with not one, but two cold sores. The right side of my lips is swollen up like a botox injection gone wrong. Lovely, right?

I was uncertain about taking today off, being a Friday and all. Part of me felt I should just stick it out, stiff upper lip, what what. So I stayed late yesterday readying for a substitute; but I also set my alarm for 5:30 to give a valiant effort to attend the faculty meeting this morning at 7. When it went off, I sat up, dizzy and congested, and reminded myself that the world won't end if I stay home a day. Back to sleep I went.

So I'm curled up on my couch in flannels and sweats, eating an orange because I'm out of juice, and talking myself out of doing ironing.

No comments:

Post a Comment