has returned to normal....
At 7:30 this morning, our principal decided to cancel our scheduled late start meeting. As a result of that suddenly available hour, I
- figured out my dental and vision benefits
- made appointments to see the eye doctor that afternoon and the dentist tomorrow morning (I tend to panic about such things right before major trips.)
- wrote a course description for MTHS to use for enrollment next week
- called Apple about my laptop
- found a FedEx location to ship my laptop
- moved several of my items from classroom #2 to classroom #3
- made new seating charts for classroom #3
- met my sub for tomorrow (who mistakenly showed up today. Between that, the news that he had only subbed once before (and that was for a 5th grade class), and the terrified look on his face as he protested, "I'm a business major," when I asked how he felt about doing a lesson on poetry; I decided that a lesson on poetry was not doable for him tomorrow. My kids will be analyzing character motivation and objectives in "Princess Bride" instead.)
- discovered that my new classroom has air conditioning that kicks on full blast every ten minutes or so and sounds so much like the inside of an airplane when it's taking off that I found myself flexing my jaw instinctively several times during the day to try to pop my ears
- caught up with Brenda, who is my new neighbor thanks to the classroom change,
- planned an outing with Jill.
It's amazing how much I can get done when they cancel a meeting!
Post a Comment