Monday, November 30, 2009

Goodnight and Thank You

Thanksgiving was lovely, but full. I cleaned my apartment on Wednesday, which was fortunate since I wound up hosting the family often over the days that followed. It was kind of nice to play hostess, though, and put all of my furniture to use.

My parents drove up Wednesday, the grandparents (all of them1) flew out Thursday, and Andy and Jen arrived on Friday. My parents, Grandma Cook, and I had Korean barbeque on Thanksgiving proper and the whole gang shared a lovely dinner on Saturday up at the condo in the mountains. It was a great weekend, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone.

That being said, I am absolutely exhausted. Part of that is my own fault - I wrapped up the re-writes on the latest version of "Making Waves" last night and had to get it off to FedEx this morning to meet the competition deadline. As in, I was there shortly after 5:00 this morning. Oy and ouch.

I made it to my carpool in time, though, and it's a dang good thing, too. I dozed most of the way to and from school today, so I'm certainly glad I wasn't the one driving.

I was tired last night, too. I went to bed around 9:00, but just couldn't fall asleep. I don't know what's up with that, but I hope it won't be the case tonight. It's 6:00 now; I've had dinner and am heading to bed soon.

The play went off to the Shakespeare festival in Cedar City, who will notify winners after March 15th. While I was at it, I also sent the script to DCTC, who notifies on a rolling up-to-6-months basis. I'm in for a long wait on those, but I'll definitely let you know here when I hear.

Three weeks left of the semester - yay for that!

Okay. Bedtime. Hopefully, in any case.

1 comment:

  1. Glad the Thanksgiving festivities went well! You need more sleep...I think three days should just about catch you up for the first semester!

    ReplyDelete