Monday, November 29, 2010

Joseph's Coat

Just a quick update:

1. Had a grand Thanksgiving in SLC, despite getting horribly sick almost right away. Fortunately, I was in a place where I could curl up and sleep all day while my parents and grandmother attended to me. If you can't be sick at home, being sick at Grandma's house is pretty good.

2. My mom, grandma, and I spent Saturday afternoon/evening sewing Macbeth costumes.

3. I spent tonight dying said costumes. See?

Dying

4. Since I'm at the condo for the week and therefore sans washer/dryer, I hung the dyed tunics/skirts/witchy-vests/sashes in the garage. Here's hoping they're not crusty-frozen tomorrow morning.

5. Macbeth is looking great, but sounding weak. The spectacle's working - we choreographed the ending fight scene today, strewing the stage liberally with the corpses of the extras we brought in just for that purpose. Happily, the choreography for the fight between Macbeth and Macduff still works, even with all the bodies around. The students don't know their lines nearly as well as they should, but that's in their hands.

6. Tomorrow we're going to try a run with all the effects - blood, fog, flash cotton, etc.

7. Wednesday we've got a field trip to see A Christmas Carol at the DCTC. It was supposed to be next week, but scheduling issues arose.

8. Saturday is our last speech meet until January.

All of the above make for a hectic week, to say the least. It also makes now not the greatest time to be sick. Still, at least the worst of it fell over the break.

It was also really fun to see all the relatives, especially Andy and Jenn. I was hardly the greatest of company, but I did enjoy seeing them all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment