Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Projects

The speech season is gradually winding up.  We had a meet in Limon last weekend which, in addition to the snowstorm fun, also offered the joy of being on a Friday instead of Saturday.  As such, I got actually play on Saturday instead of working.  I went out to lunch and fabric shopping with Lisa and her daughter Malory before meeting up with Rachel for some fiber shopping at Recycled Lamb.

Thanks to their helpful staff, I came home with the following supplies:


And this project in mind:


I was using the book for the instructions on how to make it, but I decided to branch out on my own for the pattern since I wanted to create it with only two kinds of yarn instead of three.  I played around on Excel for about half an hour before landing on this:


 
And here's an in-progress shot:

  

This week was the usual amount of January craziness, so I didn't get a chance to do any more weaving until today.  We had a meet in Roaring Fork which is about 3.5 hours away.  Happily the weather cooperated both days, the group who came was on the smaller size, and I didn't have any issues despite being there sans assistant coach.  I got home a little after 11:00 PM Saturday night and promptly crashed into bed.

Sunday I woke up late for church with a splitting headache.  With a couple of aspirin I made it to Sunday School and Relief Society, made lunch, and did some household chores before I fell sound asleep on the couch until I awoke to the sound of my home teachers knocking on my door.  The saving grace of the whole weekend was having today off for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.  I slept in, finally ridding myself of that headache, watched a movie, read a book, did some baking, and wove.

This week will be more crazy - the State speech meet is Friday and Saturday, so we'll be cramming in extra practices for that in whatever free minutes I can scrounge up between classes and musical rehearsals.  I'm really looking forward to only having the one after-school part-time job again.

No comments:

Post a Comment