Monday, January 06, 2014

New Term Starts in 3...2...1...

I'm finally crawling out from under the rock of my latest illness.  Hoorah!

And by "crawling out" I mean being forced by the end of winter break to rejoin the human race.

And by "rock" I mean my electric blanket-covered bed with not one but two humidifiers running next to it (one for cold vapors and one for hot steam) while watching QI.

And by "illness" I mean bronchitis.  Whee.

On one hand, the timing of my disease was nice - it's not interfering with school/practices/rehearsals/the madness that is January, nor did it interfer with celebrating Christmas.  Sure, I went snuffily to bed at 10:00 PM on New Year's, but that holiday's not very important to me.  It's not like I was going to ring it in with artichokes or anything.

Still, I had plans, dang it.  Things to do, people to see, oil to change!  None of which happened while I was being snuggly humidified.

I did get to have dinner with Lisa, Tammy, Fara, and a gaggle of other friends from the ward on Saturday.  The food was eh, but the company was good.  They went to see "Saving Mr. Banks" after dinner.  Since I had already seen it with Rachel while in Junction, and since my voice was on its last legs again, I went home instead to drink hot chocolate and watch the latest episode of Sherlock.

Mmm.  Sherlock.

The new school term kicked off with a teacher work day.  I went in excited to leave at 2:30 with the rest of my colleagues since I didn't have rehearsal; and I wound up working until after 4.  See: the madness that is January.

It's time for my Humanities class again (yay!), as well as new sections of all of my drama classes.  Other highlights (and blog fodder) of the next four months include the last three speech meets, the musical, three field trips, a visit from my would-be Fulbright counterpart from England, and a drama production.  And it all begins in 11 hours.

Here's hoping my voice lasts through the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment