Sunday, July 18, 2010

What I've Been Doing Besides Writing on my Blog

I had the pleasure this weekend of playing with my oldest friend Mercedes and her 10-year-old daughter Caroline. Cedes and I go way, way back. We have actually been friends for over half our lives, actually; although we haven't lived in the same state in over 10 years.

With a little under two days, we hit some of the highlights of Denver including Casa Bonita (a favorite from my childhood, but the food is still awful) (except for the sopaipillas). We also went to see Toy Story 3.

Crap, Pixar. I'm good at not crying - I held myself together when the monks made speeches last weekend; I even held back the tears when I bid my kids at DPJH farewell and they gave me a movie they had made. But I cried over Woody and the gang, and, to make matters worse, I teared up again when I was telling Rachel about the movie the next day. Stupid Pixar.

After dropping Cedes and Caroline off at the airport Saturday morning, I went shopping with Rachel. We treated ourselves to pedicures before going over to Brian's to watch the Doctor Who episodes I had missed. Man, this series of Who was good. Jenni also treated me to a sample of her massage skills with a foot rub. I need to book an official appointment with her asap.

This morning I had the pleasure of not having 5 hours of church. I went to sacrament meeting, said hello to some of the folks I care about, and then slipped out to see Inception with Brian and Jenni.

No tears over this one, but a high, high recommendation. Go see Inception. It's excellent.

Also, this:


I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!




This week is a little more open than last week. Kinda. I've got jury duty Thursday and I fly out to Chicago on Friday for a weekend of seeing plays, Kelley, and Jason. I better not get called to a three-day trial!

1 comment:

  1. I join you in your angst with Pixar...since when is making the adults in the audience cry a necessity? I am glad you survived the journey home and are readjusting to drinkable water. Have a lovely time in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete