Tuesday, March 15, 2011

About Time

"You have too much free time," a student commented today when I showed them the Beethoven t-shirt I drew last night.

"Actually, I don't have any," I replied, "I've been working almost non-stop for the last month."

Sadly, that's not really an exaggeration. It was while I was kneeling alone in the auditorium at 7:30 tonight duct-taping the bus back together in anticipation of tomorrow's show that I got to thinking again about how much I've been working, not just this past month, but since the school year began.

The thing is, it's just not good for me. This kind of schedule is not healthy physically, emotionally, socially, spiritually, on any kind of level.

However, it is my job.

It's a pickle I'm not tackling yet. I need to get through show week first. Then I'll think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment