Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Putting Things in Order

School starts tomorrow, kinda.  We get a week of Teacher Work Days prior to the kids coming back, so although I will be back at work tomorrow it's more like work-with-training-wheels.

For the last two days I've been putting my apartment in major order.  I have cleaned out and reorganized everything except two closets and my garage.  I now have lidded plastic bins storing my spinning supplies, my travel toiletries, my electronic cords, etc. (I did stop short of labeling the bins).  My car is filled to capacity with a) things for school and b) things for Goodwill.  I made 7 trips to the dumpster today.  I even polished my furniture.

I finished about 10 minutes before my new home teachers came over, and I'm glad I get to start off the school year in a much better state of organization.  I'll carry on with the organization, too, since my main project for our "afternoons in classrooms" for the next few days is to redo my filing system.  I need to figure out a way to make all my scripts, speech pieces, and such both student-accessible and student-proof.  'Tis a puzzlement.

I'm ready to go back to work, but I'm dreading it, too.  I don't want to get sucked back in to spending all of my energy and most of my time at school, but I don't know how to avoid it.

My home teachers in a friendly let's-get-to-know-you kind of way asked, "So, do you have a lot of friends in the area?"

I answered honestly - "No."

I should fix that.  I need to fix that.  I just don't know how to fix that.

No comments:

Post a Comment