Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Snow Day

Snow Day

Yes, today was the first official snow day of the year.

I was resolved to it early yesterday morning and not that sad, despite the subsequent cancellation of opening night. We all knew a big storm was coming. As foretold, it started raining around the time I left school last night after our dress rehearsal. I stopped in the local gas station to get some groceries and by the time I left, my car wa covered in heavy slushy snow. So really, it was a relief when I finally got the call at 6:00 this morning. One of my students texted me almost immediately: "Would the telephone lie, would a teacher lie? Hence from her, let it snow! No school!"

I laughed, texted her back, then went back to sleep for a few more hours.

I had forgotten how quickly the time flies on days like today. I made cookies for my students, did a lot of computer work, vacuumed, cleaned up cat vomit, and watched almost all of Firefly while doing the other tasks. I was surprised when I cleaned up from dinner and discovered that it was time for bed. Early, yes, but since I need to be at school by 6:30 tomorrow for our in-school performance first period, it is indeed time.

Two performances tomorrow, then I can cross another show off my list. Hurrah and adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment