Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lowdown-Down

I got the yellow house!

To my amazement, they took my first offer with no negotiations - only a change in one of the dates, which did not matter in the least to me. And now I have an enormous stack of papers to wade through and try to make sense out of. This whole house-buying process has created a very steep learning curve for me.

This week, then, has been crammed full. Between teaching, working all of the end-of-the-year concerts and events in the auditorium, and trying to find time to run out to the parking lot to make real estate-related phone calls, it came as little surprise to me when I woke up Saturday morning with a head cold. As Teresa pointed out, it has been a few months, so I due to get sick again.

It timed itself about right - my hope is that by taking it easy all day today, I can get over it quickly. I'm not in a position to miss school next week, so I hope it goes away soon. So I'm watching the "So You Think You Can Dance" marathon on MTV. I'll head out for an hour of church in a few minutes, but after that it's back on the couch for a nap. Stupid immune system.

But yay for the yellow house!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the yellow house! Whoa, wait, there's a SYTYCD marathon?? Darn me and my lack of cable. I mean...yay me and my lack of cable which encourages me to be studious.

    ReplyDelete