Tuesday, January 04, 2011

White Christmas

One advantage to holding Christmas a week later than the rest of the world is that it timed out beautifully for a snowstorm. We were all safely tucked in at the Mountain Town condo when it started to snow. Mom, Dad, Ben, and I did venture out to the local hardware store for a ladder in the afternoon and had a little trouble getting back up the hill to the condo. Fortunately, we had snow chains in the back. First use of chains this school year! Whoo!

We had a grand morning of opening presents and enjoying each others' company. We were all well and duly spoiled (new iPhones!) and shared in the awesomeness of handmade gifts (A mini-bomber jacket for Jack! Cigar-box guitars for Ben and Andy! "Blanket Statements" for me and Andy!).

It was cleared up enough to head back down the mountain the next day, but our planned activities were curbed by rotten roads. We did a little shopping, ate some seafood, and enjoyed an ice cream cake in honor of Ben's birthday.

All in all, it was a splendid couple of days with the whole family together. I've also enjoyed having a few days tacked on the end of the vacation - I slept in, got my haircut, ran errands, did some housework, and watched some Ally McBeal and Buffy the Vampire Slayer on my iPad (yay Hulu Plus!). Love it.

School starts again tomorrow with a teacher work day. I've got sub plans to make since we've got a speech meet on Friday. Nothing like missing the second day of new classes, yeah?

My cat is chewing on my arm. I think she wants attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment